Sunday, November 28, 2010

One of those Days

Some days I wonder what will become of me.  Today was one of those days - comical but only in after thought.  I am on the downward slope of grading quarter papers.  I wanted some ambiance to make me "happier" as I graded. I dug out some scented tea lights and got ready to light them.   For some reason I pulled the match toward me when striking it against the box.  It lit, broke off and fell in my lap. I had a bit of delayed reaction of "this is surreal" but reacted quickly enough to save my windpants from all but a miniscule hole.  Then later I flicked the lanyard of my USB stick out of my way - right onto one of the candles. I didn't realize it until the burnt polyester smell permeated the bedroom where I was working.  So my lanyard is now burnt in two.  I am just glad I didn't burn the house down - all in the name of happy grading.