I am excited that my tomatoes have finally started to turn red. I had a small one for lunch and it was like eating candy. I could eat tomatoes every meal. I have 7-8 that will turn at the same time. I will need to figure out who to give them to and how many I can eat. I gave 2 small pumpkins to a friend this morning. Saturday, September 26, 2009
Saturday Walkabout
The days have been misty in the morning now for a week and a half. Each morning as I look out my bathroom window I am greeted by this quaint picture.
The number of horses is steadily growing. There are now seven horses grazing just across the road. I love that my apartment is at the far edge of town - I am still in Kandern but I am close to the country as well.
Every Saturday morning there is a farmers' market in the Marktplatz (simply: the market place). Here you can buy fresh produce, eggs, flowers, etc. One of the local butchers sets up a portable butcher counter in a truck and the locals can do all their Saturday shopping in one spot.
I went to the garden, and the neighbor's cat was lounging around in the yard. Nina and I became friends this summer since she would often be sunning herself in my garden. She is mainly fluff and very soft. I made the mistake this morning of petting her before I headed to the garden. She then followed me and kept jumping on me while I worked. I don't think I've ever seen such a clean outdoor cat before.
I am excited that my tomatoes have finally started to turn red. I had a small one for lunch and it was like eating candy. I could eat tomatoes every meal. I have 7-8 that will turn at the same time. I will need to figure out who to give them to and how many I can eat. I gave 2 small pumpkins to a friend this morning.
The Olsens' butternuts are almost finished for the season. They didn't get as many as they wanted but they do have some rather large ones.
I am excited that my tomatoes have finally started to turn red. I had a small one for lunch and it was like eating candy. I could eat tomatoes every meal. I have 7-8 that will turn at the same time. I will need to figure out who to give them to and how many I can eat. I gave 2 small pumpkins to a friend this morning. 