Thursday, December 24, 2009

Winter Comes Knocking

Compared to the snowstorms in the US, Kandern didn't even get a dusting but we had some decent snow at the start of vacation. We went to bed without snow and woke up to 3-4 inches on the ground which is a lot for Kandern. Within 3 days it was all gone because it rained. The snow caused some problems for alumni flying in from North America since the time for them to come was just when the East coast of the US got hit. And we had students who were held over in Kandern a couple days as flights to England were also cancelled due to snow. I went out for a walk in the snow and saw this barn.

This is one of my favorite barns in Kandern - I always think that with some renovation it would be a nice loft apartment. It is in a back alley that is a short cut to Gail's house. This time I stopped for a picture. The next day the rain had come and the snow was gone so I was glad I had my camera with me on this walk.