Attempt 1:
The big question was with only 3 cups of flour was this recipe for 1 or 2 regular sized loaves? I tried 1 on my first attempt. After 4 hours of rising, the loaf looked good.
After baking, the loaf would not come of the pan. It fell in half and was still doughy. So it seems the loaf either needs more time to bake or needs to go in two pans. The pan needs to be greased and floured.
I tried a chunk of the bread and it was too salty – even with my cutting it way down. The loaf ended up in the trash.
Attempt 2:
So I had time to mix up one more batch before bedtime. I don’t think I let it rise enough. When the baking was done, the loaves were only about an inch high! I had greased and floured the pan so they dropped out easily. The bread is still too salty and might need more honey to add flavor.
