Saturday, March 20, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

My friends the Stuckeys are a fun-loving family that has sort of adopted me. Peggy always enjoys a chance to celebrate. This year I was invited to their St. Patrick's Day dinner. The "ticket" to get in the door was green clothes. And dinner was GREEN. This year they went for more natural greens rather than all food coloring. We had things like spinach noodles, kiwi, broccoli, pistachios, green M&Ms, and zucchini casserole. Then Peggy went after the rest of the dinner with food coloring: green homemade bread, cottage cheese, butter, gravy, and green velvet cake.

And conveniently the Stuckeys are also friends with the Greenhoes - how nice to have friends with the right color in their name.  The whole crowd was 13 people - carefully chosen because as Peggy says, not everyone can handle the green dinner.  So it was a night of laughing and chatting.  I am not so sure I want to eat green gravy again too soon but for one night I could handle it.