Friday, July 10, 2009

Ants in My Pants

I've been fighting weeds in my garden, and today I decided I was going to win. I spent 3 hours over at the garden to reclaim it. The time was well spent. One thing I like about the digital camera is that I can remind myself that I did a good job on something with a before and after picture - if I remember to take the before. I took three sets for this job: the whole garden, corn and butternut squash.
The corn wasn't knee-high by the 4th of July but it is coming along nicely. It looks like I might get 2-3 dozen ears.

While weeding, I dug up an ant hill unawares. Then I sat on it. Pretty soon I had ants in my pants literally - and in my shirt and down my bra and... They were the biting kind so if any of the neighbors were watching they had a good show of me trying to kill the pests. I didn't have to take anything off - thank goodness. I steered clear of that spot in the garden for awhile.