Friday, July 31, 2009

Paradise

Today was a good garden day.

My Swiss Chard is growing daily so hopefully in a week or so I'll be able to start eating it.


One of my tomatoes, after a month, has started to turn red. And there are blossoms on the plant so maybe I'll get more? I have 5 one the vines right now - all a bit bigger than a golf ball.

And best of all I had a handful of beans. To give a measurement standard, they are sitting on one normal sized paper towel. Not a huge mess but enough for one meal. I blanched them (not long enough), fried up a few bacon bits and sauteed the beans - it was like eating candy! Nothing beats home grown green beans! I love beans but store bought, canned beans are just blah compared to this. So I have had my first official harvest from my garden.

And there were 3 more pumpkin flowers (I'm up to 5) AND a very busy bee doing his job.