Sunday, July 26, 2009
I Spy While Walking
As the seasons progress, I find that I haven't exhausted the picture opportunities in our small town.
This fountain will be pretty once they roses that are being trained to climb the trellis behind the fence are fully grown.
There is a fire ring beside the garden. At the beginning of the summer I had great plans of working early in the morning and boiling tea and cooking breakfast over the fire. That never materialized and now the weeds have taken over the pit. This flowers sprang up among the clutter.

Sunflowers are starting to bloom. The Germans really like sunflowers - one of my favorite types of sandwich buns from the bakery has sunflower seeds on the top. I never knew there were so many types of sunflowers until I looked at the seed packages at the store. Peter and Laurel planted some before they left but only about half came up so I wanted to replant them. I was a bit overwhelmed with the variety.
This family took an old wine press and gave it a second life as a planter.
These trees are very ugly in the winter and spring because of their knobby appearance. But...
In the summer they fill out to look normal once again. There leaves resemble maple leaves.
