Saturday, November 21, 2009

Who did this?

Getting a hair cut has always been a bit of a stress for me because I don't really know what I want so how can I explain it? Add to this the frustration of not knowing how to explain it in German and the stress level goes up. I have gone to the same hair stylist in Kandern now for about 7 years. Frau Schultz sort of knows what I'm looking for and I can tolerate the cut she has chosen for me. When I went to get my back to school hair cut, Frau Schultz was on vacation. Her sub had a heyday on my hair and cut it very short. What are you supposed to say when they give you back your glasses at the end and ask "So what do you think?" - I can't really say "well, it's too short so put it back on." When I went back for a cut around senior trip time, Frau Schultz was still gone and the sub once again whacked away at my hair. This past week my hair has been unruly though it still isn't very long. With fear and trepidation I went to the hair salon. Frau Schultz was back! I breathed a sigh of relief and dropped into the chair. As she ran her fingers through my hair, she asked "Who did this to you?" That's a great vote of confidence for how my hair looks! She explained she could shape up parts of it but it would take another month before she could get me back to the normal cut. I feel like the little kid who found the scissors one day and whacked off their bangs! So we will see what happens next month.