Saturday, October 31, 2009
2nd Time's a Charm
BFA had a holiday on Friday. The German kids have been off for a week for Fall Break. BFA couldn't afford a full week so we were given a three day weekend as a break from the hectic rush that is school. I have spent my holiday grading rewrites of English 12 papers. I may finally be removing the ogress cap! The kids were required to come to a conference if they wanted to submit a rewrite - I wasn't taking any chances of their not understanding what I was looking for this time. I had at least 37 students who took advantage of the one-on-one conferences to go over their first drafts. 32 of those then submitted a rewrite. Overall I have been pleased with how they used the constructive criticism to improve their work. Now I hope they can duplicate this quality on their next paper. That will be the true test of the success.
