Saturday, October 17, 2009

Holzen Arts and Crafts Festival

Once I arrived at Holzen, I took a quick trip through the market. Most of the prices were way too high for me but it is fun to look.


Some of the artists are making their products while they wait for people to buy from them. This is the bench for the brush maker. He stall is below with every type of brush imaginable.


The basket maker was teaching children how to weave baskets.

There was a blacksmith who was working metal while we watched.

This welder was putting together metal and stones to make these interesting birds below.
The building the background is one of BFA's dorms. What caught my eye was the Canadian flag flying on the right! The dorm parents are Canadian so they were showing their patriotism. They actually have a German flag flying too but it is hidden by the tree. They wanted hang 4 flags: American, Canadian, German and Korean since that covers their major cultural loyalties in the dorm. From the picture can get a glimpse of how packed the festival is - and this was a light day!

On the street corner was a jazz group playing for donations.
I'm not sure what these are but the color attracted me.
I went to the festival mainly for lunch. The serve a very tasty pumpkin soup with bread and the best part is fresh pressed apple cider!