skip to main
|
skip to sidebar
Casual Wanderings
Glimpes at the life of an English teacher
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Colors and a First
Between Saturday errands I stopped over at the garden. While out and about I saw lots of color and was glad I had the camera with me.
The poppies are springing up one at a time all over the place.
My garden plot also has raspberry bushes surrounding it. So I need to get over there later today and pick the ripe ones before they go bad.
These blue flowers have just popped up. They remind me of what we call cornflowers in Indiana.
In my
garden
there is definite progress. I can now see my sparse beans rows.
And the real excitement for today was..... my first
tomato
is coming. Now, I know it is pretty small but there is hope.
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
About Me
Jill Young
Currently I teach at Black Forest Academy, in Germany. I serve with TeachBeyond (formerly Janz Team Ministries). My classload involves 1 section of Advanced Placement English and 3 of English Literature.
View my complete profile
Blog Archive
►
2011
(4)
►
March
(1)
►
February
(1)
►
January
(2)
►
2010
(56)
►
December
(9)
►
November
(2)
►
October
(2)
►
September
(1)
►
August
(3)
►
July
(2)
►
June
(1)
►
May
(6)
►
April
(10)
►
March
(4)
►
February
(7)
►
January
(9)
▼
2009
(106)
►
December
(8)
►
November
(9)
►
October
(19)
►
September
(9)
►
August
(6)
►
July
(14)
▼
June
(26)
Switching Hats Again
Around Town
The Efficiency of Tools
Evidence of Garden Success
Comics Night
Chateau Haut-Koenigsbourg
In My Back Pasture
Speeding Up a Job
Colors and a First
Fun on the Job
Pumpkins and Slugs
Snail Paced Quilting
Eureka!
Riquewihr - Day Out in France
Bottles Revealed
Holzen – Storks & Flowers
Fronleichnam – Corpus Christi
BFA Graduation - Class of 2009
Look the Part...
Life on the “Prairies”
My Summer Hat
For the Child Within?
Nearing the End?
Social Conscience – Pop Tab Challenge
Pioneering Venture
Bottle Economy
►
May
(15)
Followers