Sunday, June 21, 2009
In My Back Pasture
I was awakened this morning to "baaa, baaa" - I wasn't sure where the sheep were but they were sure noisy. Eventually I got up and looked out the window. I saw a farmer putting a ladder up to a cherry tree for picking and the sheep were running down the hill to join him. Later I looked out and the farmer was gone but the sheep had congregated at the bottom of the ladder. Of course when I went out to take a picture, they all started to leave!
Then I turned around and got a shock...
One of my neighbors is raising emus! I wonder how many years they have been here and I haven't seen them? I showed them my Australian hat but they didn't seemed too impressed. Maybe the Australian has been removed as they grew up in Germany? I wonder if they are being raised to eat? I have had ostrich steak and it tastes pretty good so I wonder what emu tastes like?
