Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Summer Hat

Summer vacation officially started today. Now everyone who is staying in town for the summer switches jobs as we maintain the campus. I will be doing computer work for the school part time and gardening with Grace part time. The Lord sent a gentle rain in the night so Grace called me this morning to clock in for my first job. The centerpieces for the graduation reception were potted daisies that were then destined for the school's flower beds. Grace is teaching me what to pull and how deep to plant; I will mainly just do what she tells me. It will be nice to have an outside job to get me away from the computer.


In the middle of today's project, we were hit by another rain storm - we kept working and by the time we were done for the day, I was soaked! I decided since I was already a mess, I might as well work in my vegetable garden for a bit. I planted beans, corn and pumpkins. Now comes the waiting to see if anything actually comes up. I have also decided I need to invest in a pair of boots as my shoes were caked with mud by the time I was done.