Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Pioneering Venture
I have decided to try a garden this year - mainly as a distraction to get me outside and away from the computer. Some friends are going on home assignment this summer so I asked if I could use their garden plot. I now know that I have been spoiled by my Dad's gardening! I went to check out the plot and discovered what I should have known all along - it will be all hand tools this summer. Peter already hoed it one time and now I will go hoe it a second time. And I will have to carry water from the creek in buckets. I will get a taste of what the pioneers went through! All this for some green beans and corn! I keep telling myself, it will be good for my health and I can pretend to be working on the prairies!
So here is the before picture for the garden. I will post some others when there is actually something growing. I hope I haven't waited too long to get started.
